Friday, December 19, 2008

Question

I have now had this same hairstyle for 6 years. Honestly, I am sick of it. I am getting my hair cut on Tuesday. My question to all of you out there is.. should I cut it short? I was thinking of starting at chin-length and coming forward with an A line and slightly stacked in the back. Or, should I just keep it long. My sister told me long hair is in style, and not to cut it. Every time I tell people I want to cut it they get this shocked look on their faces . I know it's "just hair" and it will grow back, all I want are opinions and suggestions. So please help me decide. Yes, if you are reading this I want YOUR opinion! :)

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your hair long. It's so pretty! But like you said, hair does grow back. So if you want to cut it, cut it. and if you hate it just grow it back out! :) I think whatever you do it will look great!

Anonymous said...

I think you are blessed with hair that looks so good long. Mine gets pretty icky and not very attractive. What I've found is that usually you get tired of every hair cut that you have. Like the last comment said, it will grow back so maybe you should have fun with it. It can be long again :)

Kelly said...

I had long hair almost my whole life, and when I finally decided to cut it short 2 yrs. ago, I had never felt better about it! I love short hair, and it is so much easier to do and still look cute. I can get ready with shower and all in 30 min. I would say GO FOR IT!

Carlee Hoopes said...

HAHAHAHA...I didn't know there was a length that was in style. I thought there were stylish cuts for all lengths. That's funny. Um, well, I don't know that I can help much. I was cursed with really thin, fine hair, so I have never been able to have long hair and envy those who can! So, I'd say don't cut it for that reason alone. However, I do think shorter hair takes less time to do and I think it would look really cute on you. You have perfect hair, so either way will be fine I think!!! I say if you want to do it, go for it. Then if you hate it, you'll remember not to do it again once you grow it out again. :)

Dustin and Kellie said...

I am going to tell you the same thing you once told me.. If you cut your hair, I'll have to cut mine. Remember that? It's true, tho. Well for me. You got layers- I want layers. You got bangs- I want bangs. You always have the cutest hair! You make me want what you have (tho, it never turns out the same!) So- not to put extra pressure on yourself.. But you now have a decision to make for two people! J/K- totally joking!

Didn't you once Dave loves your hair short? I think it'll be sad, cause your hair is gorgeous. (Stop it, it is too!) But maybe do it short for Old Man Ross!

Anonymous said...

I think it would be cute either way. I vote to cut it just because it is always fun to have a new style.

Mary said...

I agree with pretty much everyone else - if you want a new look and want to cut it, go for it! It will probably be a shock at first though. I know that whenever I do something drastic to my hair, I usually hate it at first and think, "What did I do?!" But then I always get used to it and end up loving it.

Anonymous said...

Go for the short cut. A new style can make you feel like a new woman! If you are bored, the best way to amp up your self esteem is to change something up! Your hair is gorgeous and I do wish I could grow locks like yours, but you can always grow it out if you don't love it! Good Luck!

KatieLarson said...

I say do what you feel. If you have been thinking about it, just do it. But I want you to know that I have been thinking about the same thing for weeks now. I have had my hair long since...well since forever... and I couldn't decide but after reading all of your comments I have decided to do it after the holidays. Your friend Kelly said that she could shower and be ready to go in 30 minutes...oh my goodness I want that. It normally takes me at least 90 minutes if I do my hair. So thanks Kelly...you have convinced me!

Allison said...

I say cut it short especially if Dave likes short hair. But do not cut it short if you are pregnant. Don't do anything to your hair if you are pregnant you'll hate it.

Julie Wood said...

I think that you should have fun & cut it. I remember the first time that I cut mine short it felt so good, and looked cute also. Right now I am trying to figure out what to do with mine: am I getting too old for longer hair? Have fun & go for it; you will probably like having a change; easier to do. I know that when Brooke just cut her hair shorter it was because it was giving her headaches, now their gone! SORRY FOR THE RAMBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spence said...

Few women have the quality and quantity of beautiful hair that you have. I say keep it long.

Souli & Ashley said...

I love your hair its gorgeous. I'm so jeolous its so thick and pretty. It would be cute both ways but I like it long.

Jenni said...

Cut it! I chopped TONS off of mine a year ago and never regretted it for one minute!!! It is so fun to get a drastic change. Plus, I was always too lazy to do my hair when it was long. So, I had much more style when I got it short. Your hair always looks good long, but I'd say go for it---WHACK IT OFF!!! It will be fun :)

Jenni said...

Wait a minute... did someone say you are pregnant?? Did I miss something?.... or was Allison just saying in general anyone who is pregnant shouldn't do anything to their hair..???

Aaron said...

There have been a lot of posts but I thought I would still give my suggestion. I think long hair is very beautiful for your face shape. I have always liked long hair on myself the best but I don't like always having my hair look the same so I have done many different hair styles but still had long hair. I think it would look great if you took about 3 inches off, did a pretty taper all around starting at your lower cheek bone and layered it. No matter what you do you will look beautiful.

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlee Hoopes said...

CONGRATULATIONS CAMI! I'm so excited for your new little bundle of joy. I'll be sure to let everyone know in the Good News Minute tomorrow at church if you aren't there on time...morning sickness again, eh?

Nina said...

When I met you, you had short hair. I remember thinking you were beautiful! When I saw pictures of you with your long hair, I told my husband, "She is even prettier than I remember. She looks really good with long hair."
When I cut my hair I always regret it. I can do my hair faster when it is long and I can pull it back when I want it out of my face. Now when I want a change, I think about highlight, or layer/blunt cut. Sometimes I just style it different for a week or so and then I am ready to go back to my regular style. ... but I know you will look good however you have your hair is. Even when your are cooking and have your hair pulled back messy, it still looks good on you.

The Wife!! said...

I think you could get away with any hair cut. Personally I agree with Carlee. I too have fine hair that I can only grow to a certain length and then it just stops. So long thick hair is something I envy. But either way "it is just hair and will grow back" ... Sorry I was not more help!

Rebecca said...

If you do cut it, make sure you have enough to pull back into a ponytail. I made the mistake of cutting mine too short once and it took forever to grow long enough to pull back. Short hair takes less time to do, though.

Waiting for the One=-) said...

Cut it. Change is good.
I think you would look cute with an A line.

Rodarte Family said...

Wow . . lots of comments! Here's my two cents: I cut my long hair 4 1/2 years ago and still can't manage to grow it out (awkward length stage gets me every time). I miss, miss, miss my long hair. Your hair is beautiful and I think you should keep it long.

Melanie said...

I say chop it...but you know me...Aaron said that if he sees you in church and your hair's short he'll ask, "What the hell happened to your hair?" This is why he should never read blogs over my shoulder.

Melanie said...

You do know that Aaron was just kidding around, right? Now I'm worried you'll take his comment the wrong way...

Cami said...

yeah, I was totally offended. Sheesh. Glad you cleared that up! :) (I knew it was a joke.. no worries)

Sharee said...

I love you long hair. If I remember right it was a little shorter in high school because when I saw you at the softball game a few years ago I remember thinking that I loved your hair and it really looked pretty. Some people with long hair can't pull it off, but your hair is beautiful. If you cut your hair short it would be nice for you to have a change as well. Either way I think!

Lovely Lizzy said...

I say cut it. I'm in the fine hair club though and so I am a big short hair fan. Plus I think it flatters my face to have it short.
You should go to Instyle.com and try on their haircuts. It's way easy. You have to pick a celebrity haircut you like, which can be tricky. It's one of the coolest programs I've ever seen though.
Good Luck. I can't wait to see the end result.
Oh and I am so confused about the baby thing. I'll just leave it alone though. I hate asking people if they are pregnant.

Cami said...

Not pregnant!!! Allison said all that stuff because SHE is prego :) I also hate asking if people are pregnant, and also...

Unknown said...

I just cut mine and I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

WELL! What did you decide? Are you totally confused with all of the for & not for responses?