Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July Festivities

We had an awesome 4th of July weekend! We started the weekend out by heading up to my grandparent's property on Friday. Everyone from my family was there except for Jim, who had to work. It is so beautiful and peaceful up there and brings back so many fun childhood memories.






My cute parents.





Landon has turned into quite the fisherman. He cannot get enough! He seriously sat here, watched his bobber (sp?) waited for it to go under, stood up and started reeling. Dave asked Landon what he was doing and Landon was yelling "I got one! I got one!!" Dave ran over and sure enough, Landon was catching his very own fish, he wouldn't let anyone help him reel it in either. He was so proud of himself!



Fish isn't the only thing caught. Joseph and his friend (?) Morgan caught this cute little frog. My kids were in heaven.

Amy and her kids.


Uncle mike, Rylund and Landon out on the paddle boat.
__________________________________________

We went to two separate parades the morning of the 4th. My brother was in one parade for his school, but they weren't throwing candy at that parade. Lame. So we had to be sure to go to one that did.





We went to some awesome fireworks that night. We met up with Dave's cousin and his family, and Dave's sister and her hubby. We had fun playing games, eating snacks and watching the awesome fireworks display. Dawson loves fireworks. He cant stop talking about them. He'll randomly look and me and yell "BOOM BOOM! " as he looks into the sky. Love it! I can't wait to go to more!


10 comments:

Kosel Family said...

Looks like a fun day! ITs so fun when they start discovering things and having a passion for certian things :)

Nina said...

I just have to tell you that I think your boys are adorable! I love the grins that are full of personality! I am sure they are very entertaining to be around. Maybe a little tiring to take care of but you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at you. You are as beautiful as ever!

Cami said...

Nina, thanks so much! How are you? I've tried looking at your blog, and cant.. can I be invited?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Your boys are so cute!! Garrett also got to have Cotton Candy at the fireworks! He LOVES that stuff!

Diana Sims said...

Cute pictures, Cami! We miss you all!

Julie Wood said...

It looks like you had a fun 4th! Where is your grandparent's property at?

Julie Wood said...

Oops! Looks like Landon is following in the Ross traditions!!!! He looks so cute catching his own fish!!

Cami said...

It's up by Coalville, it's called Chalk Creek. (I don't know if I spelled any of that right)

Unknown said...

Cute pics! I'm glad you guys had fun. TJ and Landon should get together....TJ would go fishing every day if we let him. He casts it out by himself and puts the worms on by himself, it's so funny.

Melanie said...

I can't believe your little 4 year old caught a fish all by himself. That's awesome! What a fun weekend you had and you all looked so festive on the 4th.