When we were riding the Frontrunner a few weeks back Landon noticed the farmington towers. He asked what they were. Dave told him and asked if he would want to drive up to them. Of course Landon was all over that idea. He asked probably every day. We finally did it last week.
I didn't know I had a fear of heights until driving up that dang mountain. I was so scared! I hated every minute of that drive! I didn't remember how scary it was! You're seriously scaling the mountain, on dirt roads, with NO side rails for safety. Don't look down, cuz all you'll see is sky! Not cool. I was seriously dry heaving I was so scared. I felt bad when we finally got to the top and Landon wouldn't get out of the car. I guess maybe my reaction to the whole thing scared him. Whoops. After much bribery and coercion we got Landon out, and he had a blast! They had the gate closed to get to the VERY top, but we got pretty close. (close enough for me.)
We had a nice picnic, with all the graqsshoppers, bees, and other flying insects that wouldn't leave us alone. The kids then played on some enormous gravel dirt hills and had a blast throwing rocks off the mountainside.
Will we go back soon? Probably not.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Farmington Towers
Posted by Cami at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Wow, I'm glad we didn't end up going. I get so scared driving up mountains like that. Looks like it was worth it, though. They look like they had tons of fun!
YOU ARE BRAVE! I went up there once in high school and pretty much wet my pants ; ) That drive is FREAKY! Looks like ya'll enjoyed yourselves when you reached the top. Beautiful view. Have I mentioned how adorable your little guys are?!
We drive up there at least a couple of times a year. Part of the road is a little scary especially when you have to pass. But Sunset campground is absolutely gorgeous in the fall. We go up every year to collect leaves and hike around. We haven't found anywhere close that is quite as beautiful so maybe you might want to reconsider driving up with your eyes closed.
I hate that drive too. We have driven up there several times! A couple in the big truck and I hate that!
Sounds like it was worth it though. Did you come back down through Bountiful so you didn't have to do that drive again?
Fun Stuff!
It may have been unnerving but what a wonderful activity! Brian and I used to do that drive alot when we were dating, maybe we will take Aidan up there soon...you know...before snow makes the trip horrible!
That looks like fun! Gage and I have talked about driving up for the last couple of weeks, now I'm motivated. The view is beautiful!
We have never done that! I may have to get directions. Although I'm the same way when driving...I hate driving on roads like that, it scares me to death!! Neat pics, though!!
Seriously I think I'd dry heave too, I can't remember where we were driving recently but I was like leaning towards the middle of the car in hopes that that would keep us from rolling down the mountain, phew! At least you get to say that you've been up there and I'm glad the boys had fun! :)
At least you got some great pictures. The view is great from there. I haven't been up there in years.
I think we'll need to steal that idea. I loved the view! It was gorgeous! I showed Ethan the pic with the towers behind the boys and told him "Landon went all the way to the very top of the mountain! Cool huh! Do you think we should do it?" Then I showed him the pic with Dave and the boys with the incredible view and he said very blandly, "Oh. Cool." Maybe he'll feel different actually going to a place like that. Regardless I wanna go, even if he isn't totally stoked! So funny! :)
Post a Comment