Last May Landon brought home from preschool a paper cup with a little seed starting to grow. Landon wanted to plant it. Dave didn't know what it was, but went ahead and planted it in the front flower bed. Every single morning he would run excitedly to the front window to look out at his unknown plant grow. It started getting freakishly tall, my sister told me it was a sunflower. I wasn't excited about the thought of a huge sunflower right in the front of my house, but Landon has loved and cared for this baby for almost 4 months now! Yesterday it finally opened and showed it's pretty yellow petals. Landon was ecstatic! He seriously loves his sunflower, and how big it is! Next year we'll be sure to plant it somewhere a little less awkward:)
Friday, August 28, 2009
Landon and the Sunflower
Last May Landon brought home from preschool a paper cup with a little seed starting to grow. Landon wanted to plant it. Dave didn't know what it was, but went ahead and planted it in the front flower bed. Every single morning he would run excitedly to the front window to look out at his unknown plant grow. It started getting freakishly tall, my sister told me it was a sunflower. I wasn't excited about the thought of a huge sunflower right in the front of my house, but Landon has loved and cared for this baby for almost 4 months now! Yesterday it finally opened and showed it's pretty yellow petals. Landon was ecstatic! He seriously loves his sunflower, and how big it is! Next year we'll be sure to plant it somewhere a little less awkward:)
Posted by Cami at 9:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
That is awesome!!! The power of a little seed, right??? Great job Landon! =)
Wow, That's HUGE! Way to go Landon!
How fun! Looks like he took great care of it! It's huge!
How much fun and learning going on there! I wish I could grow something that big :) For four months at that.
Oh my, now I know what this weird thing is that is growing in my yard. Riley brought the same thing home from pre scool and we planted it and it is tall and I haven't been able to figure out what it is. Well now I know! Thanks!!!
He is seriously SOOO cute!
Also I forgot to write down your email address, but used the one you have posted on facebook. If your email is different, you'll have to get me your current address for the invite. Sorry about that.
That is so great! I love it! Dustin wants to plant sunflowers in our yard. He says your mean! It looks good! And to tell Landon that he's a better gardener than we are. I think the picture is super cute! Landon is such a cutie! You and Dave are great parents!
what a green thumb Landon has! That is crazy. He looks so proud. What a cutie!
What a great sunflower! I bet he is so proud. Ellie has a pot of marigolds and they are finally opening up. I can only imagine how excited she would be with a sunflower. =)
Thats hilarious! You gotta love having kids around, it is so entertaining(and exhausting)! By the way your boys are super cute, I love how you dress them.
When we came to drop those dishes off last night we were like, "what the heck, a sunflower..." So when Kaemon comes home with a cup with something growing in it I will know from your experience what it is and I will plant it in the backyard :)
That thing is a monster! Looks like Landon is proud of his little seedling and he should be! He must've done an amazing job as caretaker : )
Are you kidding me?? Jack's is not even as tall as he is! The flower bloomed, but seriously, we must have done something wrong!
Post a Comment