First off, we wanted to say goodbye to Ryan and Brooke who are leaving tomorrow to Indiana, where Ryan was accepted into dental school. We will miss you guys!!! Dave and I are big time game players. Not video games, but good ole fashioned board games. It's hard finding people to play with that actually enjoy it as mush as we do. Ryan and Brooke have been some of the funnest people to play with! Even though we haven't done it a ton recently (with the new addition to our family) that is what I am going to miss most about you guys!! Landon hasn't known life without Ryan in it, and he LOVES him to pieces. Every time we go to Dave's parents, he immediately wants to know where Ryan and Brooke are. He'll probably have the hardest time without them :( On the more HAPPY note, Good luck Ryan and Brooke! We knew you would get in, and we're so proud of you! We are so excited for you, and hopefully these 4 years will fly by!Landon and Ryan jumping on Landon's new trampoline.
With Dawson's recent pooping problem, the Dr. told me to go ahead and start him on Rice cereal. I really wanted to wait till he was 6 months old (He is 4 and a half months) but went ahead and followed the Dr's orders. The verdict? He neither hated it or liked it. He just pushed it right back out of his mouth. I know this is normal, but it is frustrating.. does anyone remember how long it takes till they know how to swallow it?
Lately, Landon has been REALLY into playing games. (Takes after his parents!) Any sort of game he LOVES, he makes up his own rules and wants everyone to play with him. When you sit down to play with him, he gets mad that you don't do it right. So, in other words, he likes you to sit and watch him play his made up games. We moved all of Landon's kid games downstairs so he can easily access them. It was a brilliant idea on my part, they keep him pretty entertained! (which is hard for a 3 year old)
Potty training is going GREAT, he never has day accidents, and only occasionally has an accident in the night. One problem... he thinks he needs to take his pants off completely when going potty, and wont put them back on, so Landon is usually pant less. Oh well... I guess this is normal too?This little stinker here is giving us a HARD TIME. He was a good little sleeper until last week. Now, he is up every 2 hours wanting to nurse, and then he is fussy the rest of the time. I don't know what has gotten into him. Since birth the only place he likes to fall asleep in is his swing. It's been fine with me. But lately, he doesn't like his swing, being held, snuggled, or anything to get to sleep. So I didn't know what else to do with him but to let him cry it out in his crib. I feel TERRIBLE doing it, but it's the only thing that works. The only problem is he doesn't take as good of naps. If he's in his swing he'll sleep 3 hours, but in his crib only about 30 minutes. I just don't know what to do. Suggestions appreciated.
When we were in St. George we went to Walmart and saw this sign in front of one of the parking stalls. COME ON!!!!!! If you have sick kids why the HECK are you at Walmart..?! AND, why would you need a special spot reserved for you? This is weird to me on so many levels.. has anyone else ever seen this?
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
What's been goin' on
Posted by Cami at 2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Glad to know everything is going good with you guys! Dawson is getting so big! HE is a cutie for sure! Garrett loves that Gone Fishin' Game! He plays it all the time.. of course with his own rules. We need to have you guys over to play more! Garrett also just got that same tramp! He would live on it if we let him! I bet Landon is the same way!
Glad for the update on your lives. Sorry Dawson isn't sleeping well...that's horrible. I'm happy for you that Landon loves games and entertains himself. That's great! I noticed Dawson sitting in what I think is a BUMBO seat. I know they were recalled a while back, but maybe you have a new model that's better. The seat was recalled because children were falling out of it and getting injured. You might want to check into this.
Seriously, we are huge gamers. Well, my family more than Rob's but we have converted him. We love Pit and card and dice games. Also board games but we don't have any we use other peoples. And Gabe still takes ALL his clothes off when he goes number 2. Come on! So that is totally normal. Or at least normal to me. And the sleeping thing is so frustrating. Jude was the same way and but he had colic really bad. He pretty much was in the baby bjorn for 2 months straight all day long. I hope that gets better. The sign is so funny. What the heck!
Cami,
It took Maggie a while to like her crib for her naps. I would put her down and she would sleep for like 20-30 minutes and I would then have to bring her downstairs and put her in her swing to finish out her nap. Then I just sort of stopped. I think what I did was just let her cry it out when she woke up again because I knew she hadn't had a long enough nap and she ended up going back to sleep and sleeping a long time. I think I got the idea from that book you let me borrow. Anyway, I also made sure she was really tired when she went down. So, 2 hours after she wakes up in the morning she goes down for her first nap, then 2 hours after she wakes up she goes down for her second nap. It made all the difference for us! Sleep stuff is so frustrating, but don't feel bad for making him cry it out. He won't remember and it's for his good. It's better to do it now than when he's a lot older!
Okay, so maybe the sign is for parents who have sick kids at home and need to run in real quick to get some Benadryl or something for them. I've been there with Kory (not Maggie yet) and have had to get something from the pharmacy and it is lame having to park clear in the back of the parking lot when I know he is home suffering. I guess I can kind of see how that parking space would be nice to have, especially with sick kids. Does that make sense? Like, maybe the sign isn't for those who are taking their sick kids shopping, but those who need to run in real quick to get something for their sick kids at home.
Carlee, I guess that makes sense with the sign... now I feel bad..
Melanie, they didn't actually recall the Bumbo, or they wouldn't be able to still sell it in the stores, they put a safety notice on them... telling parents not to put them on the counter, and never to leave the child unattended. OR, maybe I do have a new model, I got it new from my mom when Dawson was born.
Cami we love games too. Kelsey and Derek will play any board game with me. The one problem is that we are really competitive. That causes some problems sometimes, but we love it.
Cute pics!!! My kids do live on the tramp, and boy is it nice! I'm sorry Dawson isn't sleeping, that is a pain! But good job Landon! Maybe he'll give Alyssa some tips during nursery, that would be fantastic!!!
That is weird about the sign. I've never seen that. Its so hard to see people you care about so much move far away. Thats how I am with my sister in Kentucky. I'm glad potty training is going well. I so dread the day.
Post a Comment