Sorry if the title scared anyone.. But I have been worried about Dawson, I've called pediatricians, and none seem to be concerned. Here's the problem. He has had diarrhea now for 6 days. (This gets more graphic) His bowel movements have been green in color and VERY mucusy he has about 10 a day and seems to be uncomfortable while trying to get them out. His tiny little bum is starting to get a rash.. He is exclusively breastfed, no cereal or solids yet.. so I don't know what the problem is. Has anyone else had similar problems with their kids? I'm worried sick and would like any suggestions on what to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I never had that with Brev but my cousin did its called something I think you may need an antibiotic for it. I would take him in. I think it could last up to like two weeks. I'm sorry to here that for the little guy. I hope he gets feeling better.
So sad! It's so scary when there's something wrong with your baby. They can't tell you where it hurts and you feel so helpless. Could he be lactose intolerant? My nephew was and his mom had to stop eating milk while she was nursing. Of course, don't do that until a doctor says that's what's wrong! I would insist the doctor get you in. I hate when they act like it's no big deal. Of course, they probably roll their eyes at me because I sometimes over-react. Good luck!
If you aren't getting anywhere with your doctor I would take Dawson to an instacare and see what that doc says. I am so sorry that really does not sound fun. Have you ever used Butt Paste? It is the best for diaper rashes.
Also, my mom has been talking with Alice and Mary trying to set up a little family get together. My mom asked me to ask you to tell your mom and have her call my mom (801)918-6197. Also, it would be way fun if you and your sisters could come! Its on June 14th at 11:30 AM at Sugarhouse Park. Everyone is just going to bring their own lunches if they want to. I hope you guys can come. Do you know if Josh and Megan will be in SLC? Sorry for the long comment :)
Did he every throw up? Gabe had rotavirus when he was little and he had diarrea for over a week I remember. I am sorry that you are getting no answers. Sometimes I feel like I could learn more if I just looked online rather than asking the doctors. Good luck.
Hey Cami that comment from Jason was actually from me... Sorry- I always do that.
Hey Cami.. sorry to hear about the poop problem! I hope you've found some answers by now! Poor little guy! Good Luck!
I can't believe I didn't know about this, especially since I love to hear about poop problems. I'm sure he's ok. I think Kaemon was the same way, even now he still has like 2-3 (sometimes more) a day. I think some kids are just like that, or maybe it's all those fiber bars and fruit leathers you eat. If you're worried though, bring him back to Pruitt.
By the way...who is Jason?
Hi Cami,
I know your sister Lori. I was just blog hopping and I came across yours and read your first post.
My little boy had this problem too! He was 8 weeks old (I'm not sure how old your little guy it). Hunter would have diarrea 12 times a day and it lasted for 14 days! I was worried sick. We finally found out that he was allergic to milk and soy. I had to put him on a special hypoallergenic formula called nutramigen.
I would try and cut all dairy out of your diet for the next few days and see if that helps. I think it took Hunter about 2 days to get better after he started the special formula. He is now 2 and has outgrown the allergy.. thank goodness.
Good Luck! I know how scary this can be.
Post a Comment