Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Host


I just finished this book. I LOVED IT!!! It was a little hard to get into.. and I was really unsure about even reading it. About midway through I had a hard time putting it down. I read a TON of books, and this one was so intriguing to me. I even liked it better than Twilight! (I'm flinching.. waiting for people to hit me..)

Has anyone else read it? Monica, I think this should be a book club read!

11 comments:

The Sayamas said...

k so when are you going to lend it to me? ;)

Anonymous said...

okay I am so glad you like it! I am waiting for my mom to finish it so I can borrow hers! So far she doesn't like it.. So maybe I will tell her it takes time to get into it!

Anonymous said...

told ya it was good! and better than twilight. but still i am excited for the forth book of twilight to come out in aug. wish we didn't have to wait as long for the next book to host!!!

Souli & Ashley said...

I'm so excited to read that my sister read it. But I think my other sister is going to borrow hers next. So I guess I'll have to wait. I'm surprised you liked it better. That excites me even more.

Melanie said...

Ok, so I have a hard time with aliens and supernatural stuff...would you still recommend I read it?

Unknown said...

Okay, you're on! We may have to read it next year so it will be easier and cheaper to find, but I am excited to read it! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Cami said...

Melanie, I would suggest it. I don't usually like sci-fi stuff, but this is really good! Just give it about 3 chapters to get into it.

Fordney said...

I've read it. It was a fun read. I pretty much like everything I read though :)

Ashlee said...

I am on chapter 5. I think its pretty good so far...I don't know about better then Twilight.... :)

The Sayamas said...

I forgot to tell you, I finished this book and I loved it. I think it's funny though because I found a lot of similarities between the characters in this and in the Twilight books. Poor helpless girl, two guys fighting for her affection...along with some other things. I liked how it ended.

Debbie Burns said...

Hey Cami. I followed your link here from the Bennett's blog. I am SO glad there are others out there who loved the Host as much as I did. A book club on this one would be awesome! Hope your group enjoys it too!