Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

I'm a little late posting on Mothers day, but we had a fun weekend! We decided to spend Saturday with Dave's fam due to the fact that we were going to be at my grandmas in Salt Lake on Mother's Day. We went to Antelope Island which is a Ross family favorite (not mine.. driving around sagebrush gets old) We met at Dave's parents house and we were ready to go when all of a sudden Dawson, who I am holding, fills his pants. So full in fact, that it came out his diaper, down is leg, and ALL OVER Dave's parents floor. Not just a little either, a TON! We all know how easy it is to get baby poop out of things too, right? WRONG! There will always be a little piece of Dawson in the Ross household now. SO you think a prepared mother would have an extra outfit for her baby. Well, I didn't. So I ran to walmart to grab him something to wear, while I was there Dave called me and asked if I had an extra pair of pants for Landon. Well, here we go again, what kind of mother who is potty training her kid wouldn't bring an extra pair of pants for him? (the answer is me) So, Landon decided his first ever accident would be at my in laws, why not since his little brother did it? We'll see if we get invited back.
Well, we had an ok time at Antelope Island. Landon likes to look at all the animals. Dawson hated it. He hates his car seat and hates being in the car period. He hated it so bad that we are thinking of canceling our Yellowstone trip. The thought of driving around Yellowstone all day long with a screaming baby isn't sounding too appealing.




Mother's Day was nice. Especially for my self-esteem. Landon woke up, came in our room and said "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOMMY! You look like a fat lady today!" Sweet huh? We went to church, had a great lesson in relief society, got a pretty flower after sacrament.
We then headed to Salt Lake. I love that my Grandma still has family get togethers. We've been doing this since I can remember, and I love it. There are only a few times a year I get to see all my cousins, and I love that Landon can have a relationship with all of this second cousins. I also get to see all my cousins that I hardly ever see. I have a lot of younger cousins I hardly know. One of them, who is ten, asked "are you going to have a baby?" I said "No, does it look like I am?" she said "yes" I politely said "thanks" she said "Your welcome."
So, Sunday night I felt great about myself. I took all my frustrations out at boot camp the next morning. ( I really didn't take any of it to heart.. I think it's funny)
The boys with my Grandma Haycock
This is my beautiful sister, Becky and her boy, Mike, Who GOT ENGAGED LAST NIGHT!! WOOOO HOOO!! Congrats guys!! July 11th is the date. That gives me 2 months to lose 15 pounds!!! (ok, I'd be happy with 10)

12 comments:

Koch Clan said...

Love the picture of all four of you. Little Dawson is so cute. Seriously, all my kids have had the poop out of their diaper experience. Sibley did it for the first time when we were about to start walking around the mall at Washington D.C. Luckily I had a onesie or she would have been in a diaper! That is neat that everyone still gets together at your grandma's.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend.. besides the poop incident! I think most mom's have been there! We went out to dinner the other night and Kenzie choked on a crayon (yes she eats them occasionally) and threw up all over the table.. and I had no extra clothes, and there was no where to get any. So everyone in the resturant got to enjoy my naked little girl! Isn't being a mom fun! he he

Souli & Ashley said...

Isn't that always how it goes it seems like when I bring extra clothes nothing happens and when I don't then the accident occurs. Such luck. But Happy Mothers Day I hope you have a good one.

The Sayamas said...

Seriously try the stain stick on the carpet, it's the only thing to get baby poop out! I love how GRandma still has everyone over even though the family just keeps getting bigger and bigger! It has to be a lot of work for her! She's awesome. Don't worry you don't look anything close to pregnant and everyone can see that in the picture you posted! You look great!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Awesome stories. I love the comments kids make...and I'm glad you don't take them personally. I think you look great!

Tammy said...

Those are great pictures. I am actually going to Antelope Island tomorrow for Taryn's field trip. Can you believe that I have never been to Antelope Island? I have lived here for more than 20 years. Pretty embarrassing, huh? See you at boot camp...When does the soreness go away?

Unknown said...

My parents' carpet has a little of each of my children on it...it's good for the grandparents, I think. Cute pics!!!

Amy said...

You look great!! I love the first picture Dawson looks so cute, it is a great family picture. Hey, and the little girl is 8 (FYI) So no worries she does not know anything.

Carrie said...

Hey Cami! I'm glad you have a blog. It's hard to keep up on everyone now that everyone's all over Marketstar. Your little boys are so adorable- I haven't met Dawson yet- he's so big already and cute as ever! I don't know how you do it with two. Especially two boys. . .I think I'm in big trouble. . . but your stories are so funny and you are such a great Mom! I'm glad your Mother's Day was so fun- you deserve it! Take care and keep in touch!! Carrie

Anonymous said...

oh the lovely blowouts!! josh and i use to leave an extra pair of clothes for all of us in the car for these times. it always seems that more gets on the mom then anyone else!

maybe i should still be keeping extra clothes in the car! we may not be having "poopy blowouts" but i do have a 5, 6, and 33 year old and for some reason i am still the one who has all their spills and stains, and stickyness on me! things never change!

Melanie said...

Your boys have the cutest facial expressions! Love the pictures.

Allison said...

Hey I love your Blog it is Great. Very Cute and lots of fun. It will be great keeping in touch with you guys. Your kids are absolutley darling. Hey I want some info on that Boot Camp. Thanks. Keep up the good work.