Monday, October 26, 2009

Oodles of October

Lots of pictures! Mostly random ones, but cute nonetheless!


FRIGHTMARES!








-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


PUMPKIN CARVING!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Landon's first time deer hunting. This was hard for me to let him go. I threatened Dave with divorce if he let anything happen to him. It worked cuz he came home safe, and he got to see Mason (cousin) get his first deer! Wow, Landon loves hunting... and that's an understatement.
I was trying to prep him before he left, explaining he might not get a deer, and he might not even see one. He told me it didn't matter, he just liked being in the mountains with dad and grandpa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



We went to Black Island Farms again for Landon's field trip. Good times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is seriously Dawson's favorite thing to do. He knows where vacuums are kept in all the frequently visited homes and BEGS to use them. People are pretty compliant most times. He vacuumed my living room today for 35 minutes straight. I got a whole batch of cookies made!



Watching Animal Planet, a favorite in our house!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miss Jaycee got baptized a couple of Saturdays ago. She looked BEAUTIFUL! Afterwards we all went to Hungry Bear Pizza for some lunch. We are twinners here, was it planned? Perhaps. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Landon has been saying for months now that he wants pajamas like Dawson's, the kind with the feet and zipper. I've been telling him he is too big for those kind now, I didn't think they made them in his size. Well, I was wrong. We were at Target and he got so excited when he saw these. He wears them every night he can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yes, again with the sunflower... I tried to get rid of it, that was a bad idea. Good thing garbage day wasn't till later. It has to sit on our front porch, he insists it's the best fall decoration we have.
He made this cute hat at school, he was so excited, until Dawson ripped the legs off of it.


Landon, Landon the skeleton, and Dawson.



Not only is he a mighty hunter, but a fantastic fisherman, too! He brought this baby home and dad grilled it up for him. He told me it was better than fishsticks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He posed himself for this one.


When I tell Dawson to smile, this is what I get. Still cute, love this face!





He was so proud of himself for this one!



Melts my heart when I see this kind of brotherly love.


NON-PICTURED UPDATES:

Landon had his first primary program last Sunday. He was so excited he had to invite both grandparents and his aunt and uncle. He told me he wouldn't sit up on the stage unless he could see me. So I made sure he could. BIG MISTAKE! Throughout the whole thing he kept whispering (in a YELLING kind of whisper) "MOM! WHEN IS THIS GONNA BE OVER!?" or this "MOM, I'M BORED! I DON'T LIKE PRIMARY PROGRAMS!" I would shush him, he'd get mad and then would pull these awful faces. Then when it was his turn for his part he went up, said it, with a smile on his face.. then sat down and continued to yell at me. He still stood up and sang the songs and did great. Dawson the whole time kept trying to run up to the stage to be with Landon. There is a good reason we are normally seated in the back.

Dawson is so funny right now, he's saying a lot more words and has developed a severe love for football. He loves to watch it, play it, and wear it! If he is wearing anything football he will scream and throw the biggest fit when you try to take it off of him. He is still most definitely a daddy's boy! He can't even look at a picture of Dave without breaking down if Dave isn't home. When Dawson wakes up in the night, I'll try to soothe him (he's getting 4 molars!) and he get's mad and yells for Dave. I'm ok with that.





10 comments:

Steph said...

Oh man, they are getting so big!! You have the cutest family Cam, what fun personalities!!

Melanie said...

So many fun things and so many cute pictures! On a side note, yes, I love homemade root beer...the boys were just fascinated with the dry ice which is what I meant.

Ryan and Brooke Ross said...

Great update! Looks like a lot of fun! Your family is so cute! Your boys are getting so big I can't believe it!

Dustin and Kellie said...

How adorable! What super cute pictures! Its weird, they are so big! I love the brotherly love, and Dawson vacuuming! And that Landon is quite the outdoors man! So funny about the sunflower too! And that smile of Dawsons is perfect!

The Crabby Fam said...

I laughed reading this! You must have the most interesting days. The things Dawson does remind me of Trevin. Thanks for the update!

Unknown said...

So cute!!! Those pics are adorable! They are getting big, it's no fair, is it??? Brenden was the same way with vacuums. It is hilarious, and I let him vacuum all he wanted. Of course, now he doesn't like to, but it was great while it lasted!

KatieLarson said...

Your boys are so cute. Dawson can come over and vacuum my house ANYTIME he needs a fix. Aidan just likes to turn it on and off. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have done so many fun things! I'm sad we missed Frightmares this year. But I guess there is always next year! :)

What are your boys going to be for Halloween?

Rodarte Family said...

What a great mom you are! Seems like you guys are always up to something exciting. You're creating some pretty great memories.
Dawson needs to teach Gracie the joys of vacuuming; currently she's too terrified to get anywhere near it!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures. You can send Dawson over to vaccuum any time. =)