Thursday, February 28, 2008

I've Been Humbled..

Sunday morning I was trying to get ready for church, trying to get my son, Landon, dressed for the day and fell chasing him down the stairs. Sounds lame, I know... I am trying to figure out how it happened, but cant. I broke my fibula (right by my ankle) and now have to be in a cast, and use crutches for 6 weeks. The crutches part presents a problem having a two year old a newborn at home... the doc told me I couldn't put ANY pressure on it for the full time, and cant even hold my baby while standing. Dave and I were worried "How will we be able to do this?" Dave was worried about his vacation time, and having to use it all.

So, this post is more of a thank you more so than a complaint session. I want to sincerely thank all my family and friends who have stepped up and are SO willing to assist us. My mom, sisters and friend are all on a schedule, of who gets to babysit me on which day. My mom has been amazing, she is totally cleaning my house for me. My other sisters are wishing they broke their ankle! :)

We also had the problem of blessing Dawson.. when do we do it now? Well, our families are AWESOME! they are helping us SO much. they have taken so much stress off Dave and me. We are still going to do it this Sunday as planned thanks to all the help we have and are receiving. We want all of you to know we love you and are SO appreciative of all you have done. Almost one week down 5 to do!!!

5 comments:

Aaron said...

I know how the broken leg feels! I broke the bigger of the two in the lower leg skiing when I was 11. Had a full leg cast up to my groin. No fun. Good to hear that you are being taken care of though!!! I remember how fun it was when the cast came off! OHHH it felt so good to finally get to scratch all that itch off! (JOSH)

Anonymous said...

cami... hang in there! you are so lucky to get all the help you are. my advise let people help you and don't push yourself quicker than you need to. you will no your limits and when it's time to do things. listen to your doctor. be patient because you are going to start to go crazy because things are not the way you want. get a good book and let that be your escape. through my experience i learned to appriciate that the house was clean, maybe not the way i would do it but it was clean. i have had to learned to ignore alot of things that are not going the way i want. have fun with your crutches, just love them because they are going to be your friends for the next 6 weeks (but chucking them once in awhile across the room does make you feel better!) if you need to talk to someone and be able to say what you are really feeling just give me a call. been there, done that, and oh ya still doing it! hang in there!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Cami,
That is just horrible. I still feel so bad for you. I'm glad you have had a good attitude about it so far. Just be grateful you have such a good family who all live nearby to help you out! :)

Anonymous said...

Cami that is just horrible!! If you need me to take Landon at all please just let me know! I"m sure garrett would love a play mate!! Hang in there, I'm so glad you have such a wonderful family there to help you!! Good Luck, and let me know if there is anything I can do!!

Steph said...

Cami dear, I loved hanging out with you guys on Friday! Even with you and your "crunches" :)I seriously have the day off every Friday so I would love coming with you and Landon and cute little Dawson too! Just let me know or I'll talk to Lori!!