Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tubes Accomplished!



It went great!! Dawson was such a trooper and such a sweet little guy! We had to wake up at 4:30 am to get Landon to my moms (who was nice enough to get up so early to watch him) and headed to Primary's.

Dawson fell asleep in the car on the way there. When Dave got him out he had a funky hairdo.. had to get a pic of that!

In the waiting room. We were shocked at how happy he was being so early and no bottle since 11:30 pm!
Still waiting.. what a cute little guy! How can you not love this face?

Either he hated the girly gown they made him wear, or he is definitely getting hungry now..

All ready for surgery! This is the anesthesiologist , I thought it was a little weird that he carried him back to surgery. For a minute I thought about the possibility of him posing as a doctor, when really he was some psycho who wanted to kidnap my baby.. Good thing he was the real deal. This was hard watching them walk away with MY baby. They brought him back at 7:28 am . At 7:42 the Dr. came to tell us everything went well! Here Dawson is right after waking up. This was sad. He was disoriented and was arching his back and couldn't be calmed. About 30 minutes later he was happy again and enjoying his sugar water. Here is the cute little stinker again, all ready for home! You can tell he's had a rough morning! He's been doing well today and I can't believe how well he did! Let's hope the ear infections are far and in between now!

16 comments:

Christian and Melissa said...

Poor guy! I had to have several sets of tubes when I was a baby, only because they kept falling out. They did work though! I stopped having ear infections. I also have a niece that was uncomprehendable when she talked (she's 4) and the doctor finally convinced her parents that it would help her hear better. It's amazing to hear the difference! You're a good mom.

Anonymous said...

What a good little guy. I am glad everything went well for him. Hopefully that will fix the problem for him.

Carlee Hoopes said...

Oh YAY! I'm so glad everything went well. And only you would think the anesthesiologist was a kidnapper. LOL. He's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm so glad it went well! Kenzie also had a really hard time coming out of it too!
He has changed a ton since I saw him last! He's such a cute boy!!

Marf said...

I'm really happy everything went smoothly. Ryan says it isn't even uncomfortable, it really doesn't hurt at all. Like I said, he likes the slightly loopy feeling of coming out of general anesthesia, probably not as fun if you are a baby though. I hope it's not a continuing problem for Dawson, for Ryan they started putting T-tubes in about the 3rd or 4th time, they last for about 4 years and you don't have to keep water out of your ears. The Doctor didn't give us a lot of hope that we won't have to keep doing this, he said these ones should last till Ryan gets home from his mission (in 4 years) and we can do it again.
None of my other kids have had even one set of tubes though, so I figure Ryan is just shouldering the burden for all of them. Ryan's just an oddity, I wouldn't worry too much about future tubes.

Camille said...

I am happy that all went well! What a yucky thing for a baby to go through! Some of my sisters had tubes and the ear aches completely disappeared after they put them in, so here's hoping!

Spence said...

That is funny you thought about the would-be kidnapping doctor. That is exactly something I would think too. In fact, if I didn't have Annette to keep me balanced little Spence would develop a persecution complex for sure!

We are really glad that all went well today. And his little smile is the best.

The Sayamas said...

Those pictures of him are so flippin' adorable. I especially love the one in the waiting room. He is such a sweet little guy. I just love him. I am so glad everyting went well. He was funny how he was kinda out of it for a while at mom's. How long did it take him to snap back into it?

Koch Clan said...

Glad it all went well. He is so dang cute. I love his eyes.

Melanie said...

I'm happy you've got this behind you and that all went well. I love the crazy hair picture.

Tammy said...

What a sweet boy. Now it should be smooth sailing!!

Unknown said...

What a trooper!! He is so cute. I'm glad everything went well. Hopefully this will help him feel better!

Fordney said...

I am glad that the tubes are in and things went well. When I was reading your post I was holding Molly and she kept laughing at Dawsons pictures. I think that she is infatuated with him!

Tim said...

What a brave little guy (and mom!. I'm glad it's over for you both and that everything went well.

Rodarte Family said...

Hey (again), we really do need to get together soon. I don't have your number or email, so will you email me (timandsteph.rodarte@yahoo.com)and then we can plan a time?

Anonymous said...

Hey Cami. I am changing my blog and need your email address to invite you to it. Can you email it to me? Thanks!
spencerandannette@yahoo.com