Friday, March 27, 2009

Preschool Perks

Landon just brought this cute picture home from school yesterday. I love it! I was looking at it and was amazed at how much he has grown since last August. Not only physically, but developmentally, socially, etc.

Preschool was a tough topic between Dave and me since we were starting our small family. I am pro preschool, Dave anti. Now, 8 months later, Dave is pro preschool! He loves how excited Landon is to show him his projects, tell Dave things he learns. Landon loves his preschool class, and adores his teacher, Miss Monique. I am so impressed with her! I've seriously never seen someone so good with kids! If you know Landon, he isn't into showing affection. He has no problem running into Miss Monique's arms for a giant hug. Landon loves her and knows she loves him. We will definitely be returning to Miss Monique's Parkside Preschool next year!


11 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like a great preschool!! I'll have to remember that when Selma gets a little older, what age is it again? Like 3 or 4?

Oh and, by the way, Lori mentioned that book that you read by Lori Mindell about getting babies to sleep through the night so I'm going to read it because it's been a hard thing for us lately. If you've got any tips you're willing to share, I'm open to them! :)

KatieLarson said...

That is a cute picture.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how much they learn at preschool? Garrett can't wait to go and has learned SOOO much! He is just like Landon, he can't wait to call his daddy and tell him EVERYTHING he learned at school! It's also a nice break for us! :)

Ryan and Brooke Ross said...

Such a cute picture! He is such a smart little guy. You two are such great parents! Keep up the great work!

Mombrud said...

We like preschool too. With the boys, we did 3 yr old Joy School and 4 yr. old preschool. Emma is doing both years because of a lcak of other kids her age in the neighborhood and the toddler factor with Jenna. I have liked both. Joy School was fun because I got to be a part of the lessons and learning process and still got a break!

Melanie said...

That is such a cute picture. I've struggled with the whole preschool thing. I don't think it's necessary, but I've signed Carter up simply because I think he'll love it.

Spence said...

Well Cami - you almost have me convinced. I am still in the same situation as David was before Landon went to preschool, I guess I don't see the need because it is something I never did as a kid.

Your boys really are geniuses though - we love visiting just to hear what Landon will say next. You guys are probably the best parents I know - and I mean that sincerely.

Dustin and Kellie said...

That is terrific! Yay! I can't wait for preschool, and I'm bummed everyday that Ethan wasn't potty trained for this year. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute kids in that picture! Especially the little boy in the orange shirt,bottom right! Haha! Miss Monique is awesome, we love her too! I heard Jack was the Asian boy in the class! So funny! He definately does have the eyes! Landon is a cute face boy.... Jeff picked him out as a "Mills boy" thought he could see some relation for sure!

Steph said...

Cami thank you so much!! You are a lifesaver :) You make it seem possible when it's seemed impossible before.. I'm glad that a friend has told me to do that because there is so much conflicting information out there and it makes me feel like I'm going to be hurting her or something if I let her cry it out so I'm so glad that you gave me that advice because your kids are happy and healthy and I know them :) I can't thank you enough, I think we'll try that this weekend and keep ya updated!

Unknown said...

How cute!!! That's adorable. I'm glad you won that war!