Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Hubby

I have had a lot of restless nights lately... (here I go with the complaints again..) Being this far into my pregnancy I have a hard time getting comfortable, and falling asleep and staying that way. We also have a 2 year old who is suffering from nightmares almost every night, who wakes up screaming!



So, last night I was laying in bed trying to fall back asleep and Landon wakes up screaming about Dinosaurs in his room trying to get him.

All I had to do was tap Dave on the shoulder (because I am lazy and didn't want to get out of bed) and he was up in a flash and in Landon's room calming him down.



When he came back to bed, he didn't immediately fall back asleep, instead he told me to roll over so he could rub my back. As I was laying there I thought about how blessed I am to have such a thoughtful husband. I joke around a lot with him for things he says and does that would make him appear less than a perfect husband, but in reality, I couldn't have married anyone better!



When Landon was a newborn, he would get up with him just as much as I did. I never asked him to do this, he just did. He would say that I needed to be able to function the next day just as much as he did! Of course, I wasn't going to object!



I knew I had a winner of a guy when we first started dating, we went camping with my family, and I woke up in the night and had to use the restroom. I was stumbling around in the tent trying to find a flashlight. Dave woke up and said he would come with me (I know, doesn't sound THAT great, but it gets better) So, he walks me to the outhouse, and instead of me going in, he rushes in to cover the toilet seat with toilet paper for me so I don't have to sit on the dirty seat. I thought to myself "Is this guy for real?" He was always doing stuff like this for me. My friends and family would say "Oh, just wait till you've been married a few years, all that will change.." But it hasn't, he is as good to me now, as he was then!



He astounds me with how good of a daddy he is to Landon. Every day when Dave gets home from work, Landon is waiting for him to "rough house." I swear this is the highlight of Landon's day! Dave will sit and play with Landon for hours, he never tells Landon he is too busy or the "later." Landon knows he is top priority in his dad's book! We joke that Dave is here for Landon's convenience :)



Dave was holding a little baby the other day, it got me SO excited to have a little baby again, knowing that I have complete support from my husband who I love SO much. I am grateful to him and all he does for me :)





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cami~ You really did get a good one!! Dave is such a great guy!! He is so nice to everyone! Everytime I see him, he always asks how I'm doing to!! So great job on catching a good one!! I'm so excited for you to get that little boy here!! If you ever need to, you can drop Landon off to play with Garrett! Garrett would love it!! Well good luck!! I hope that little boy decides to come soon!! Let me know if you need anything.
~Malia

Carlee Hoopes said...

Cami,
You did good! Dave is a great guy and Kory and I have always enjoyed spending time with him...and you on occasion. (I'm TOTALLY kidding. :)) But, Dave is always nice to everybody and very accommodating I might add. I just hope that Kory and Dave can find each other. Best of luck to them I say.

The Sayamas said...

Oh Dave is so sweet! You did pick a winner! He's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Unknown said...

Cami,
I am so glad other people are joining the blog world! You are lucky, Dave seems like a great guy. Not better than Justin, of course, but a close second =). Good luck in your last two weeks! Let me know when he comes!
My blog:
www.mbox-of-chocolates.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

There are a few good men left! I got one of my own :) Yeah for hubbies!

Steph said...

Awww, that was one of the best posts I've ever read EVER!! That is so sweet Cami, Dave is such a sweetheart!! Can we please play some more games soon? "Shaggin' Wagon!" :)

susanbrud said...

cami jean is as big as a washing machine. from your father. He said he is just kidding.

susanbrud said...

Cami I love your sight. It is fun to read. Dave is also a super son-in-law. We are all blessed, are we not?

susanbrud said...

I love to read your blog and look at your photos.