Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!!

7 years ago this guy named Dave called me while I was at work and asked me out. I didn't know him.. but he sounded like an ok guy. I couldn't go out with him that night, but we talked for a while anyway. He said maybe he would call me for a different time. I went home and told my mom I just spoke to my future husband on the phone. (I know... creepy. I didn't tell him this...) I said it half jokingly, but I was somewhat serious (obviously) He ended up calling me later that week and asked me out for the following weekend. My first impression of Dave was..WOW!! this guy is TALL!! and I thought he was cute. When he came to pick me up, my dad was in the driveway working on a car or something. They talked for a minute. After we were gone my dad went and and told my mom that I could go ahead and marry that guy. So... I did.

6 years ago today Dave and I were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple, the best day of our lives!

We have been happy every day since then! We started our marriage with a very fun and relaxing honeymoon in Vegas, one of our favorite vacation spots. Not for gambling, but for the hotels and buffets! We had a short and sweet stay, due to the fact that Dave had to get back for night school the following Monday.

We got our first "place" at the Clinton Town Center Apartments. Not the highlight home of my life, but a home with Dave none the less. I HATED apartment living. We had a girl who lived below us who would yell "SHUTUP!!" every time we would walk up to our unit. If we were too loud (which was NEVER) they would get a broom stick and bang on their ceiling. When we would come home every night, we would cheer when they were gone. Anyone knows me, knows I hate noise when I am trying to sleep. I swear they would crank their devil music as loud as they could, just to annoy us. Many times I would have Dave go knock on their door to politely ask them to turn it down. Which... they wouldn't. I'm sure everyone who has lived in an apartment would have similar stories. Dave graduated from college with a degree in business about a year later.

After living there for about 2 years we decided it was time to get a house. (thank heavens) We looked forever and finally found the home we are in today. We both prayed about it and knew this is where we were supposed to be. A year after living here, and two years of trying, we were blessed with our beautiful little Landon! We immediately loved being parents and know we are blessed to be able to be trusted with such special little spirits! After Landon was born I was lucky enough to be able to quit my job and be a stay at home mom, which I LOVE (even though I know I complain about the challenges it also brings)

After Landon was about 2 we decided he needed a sibling, which brings us to where we are today! Little Dawson joined our fam 6 weeks ago.

I love my hubby, I'm glad we found each other, life is good. So happy Anniversary to us!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys had a great time!!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm sure you guys celebrated in an appropriate manner. Did you go out to dinner or anything fun? I have been without a laptop for a few days so I wasn't aware of this event in your lives. If I would have known, I would have let you borrow my Shrek doll.

Steph said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Apparently this is a good weekend to get married (spring break anyone?) cause Sky and I celebrated ours today too!! Even though it was on Monday :) Anywho, hope everything's going swell and that we'll see you soon!! And, by the way, if Landon still wants me, I would love to come to his birthday party hehe :)

The Sayamas said...

MMmm....Tepanyaki

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love anniversaries and remembering what a fun day we had a what a good time we have had since.