WARNING! If you are one of those people who read my blog and think oh.. she is complaining again.. then QUIT NOW! :)
K, lets start out my 2 month review by the fact that I had a baby. That is one of the ONLY good things about this time era. The recovery of Labor and delivery wasn't bad, but it was a recovery nonetheless. Landon was terribly sick when Dawson was born, probably the worst cold he has had yet. 2 weeks go by. I get slammed with Mastitis. Anyone who has had this knows how AWFUL it is. I had a 103 fever for 3 days, went on two rounds of antibiotics. We thought it was gone, till day 4 came along. Went to the Dr. and had to get a shot of antibiotics in my hip, not only for the Mastitis, but for a Uterine infection as well. The shot worked, so I was GREAT the next day. 2 more weeks go by (somewhat smoothly, if you don't mind sleepless nights). Then one bright cheery Sunday morning I fall down my stairs and break my ankle. I've already posted on that, so we'll leave it alone. Three weeks go by and I am allowed to ditch the crutches! Hooray! Dave and I were thinking that finally things could get somewhat normal.
So then we have my birthday. Birthdays aren't really a big deal anymore to me. Dave always tries to make it a big deal.. but really, when you get older it's just another day. He got me a full length mirror that I had been wanting since I was a little girl. He also got me a cake to sing happy birthday to me. My family had a big shindig at my moms for me (thanks mom) But, the eve of my birthday we decided we needed to get Dawson to the Dr. For the past week he had been projectile vomiting A LOT. So we took him in. We brought the whole fam, and it's a good thing we did!! Landon told the Doc he had a headache and diarrhea (he didn't have diarrhea..) and he told me earlier his mouth hurt. So he did a strep culture, and it came back positive! So we're thinking.. here we go AGAIN! Keep Landon away from the baby, which is nearly impossible. We get home thinking we have it so hard, then I start getting the chills and BAM! The dreaded nasty mastitis is back. My fever spiked up to 104.5. So it's back to the dr. I go, to get a shot in my hip. That brings us to now. Here is sit, 24 hours later, the shot SHOULD have worked... but I still have a fever of 102. I am praying it works soon, I really wanted to go to church tomorrow to take the sacrament..
I couldn't have gotten through these last two months without my mom, Amy and Lori (my sisters) Whenever something happens and we call.. they are here in a heartbeat. I know they dread my calls right about now... So, THANK YOU AGAIN! and also, thank you for the guys we've called on for blessings, you guys are awesome.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Last 2 months in review.
Posted by Cami at 4:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am soooo sorry you have had such a rough time! I thought we had it bad being sick, but at least we have had a short break, and we don't have a new baby. Call me if you need anything!
I feel SOOO Bad for you!! You've had to go through soooo much! If I can do anything for you please let me know!! If you need dinner one night please give me a call!!
Hey Cami, its your long lost cousin, Ashlee. I found your blog on Megan's. It sounds like you have got your hands full. I hope everyone gets feeling better. Your kids are darling by the way and you look exactly the same as I remember! It has been too long!
Cami. This is you long lost cousin, Ashlee. I found your blog on Megan's. It sounds like you have your hands full. I hope you all get well soon. Your kids are darling by the way and you look just like I remember. Its been too long!
Post a Comment