Friday, October 10, 2008

Unfair Time-Out

The other night I went shopping with a friend. When I got home Dave and Landon were both kind of irritated. I asked what went wrong while I was gone and this was Dave's reply.

"I am not happy that kids are teaching our kids inappropriate words."
I asked what he meant. He told me Landon kept saying the phrase "Chubby Jesus" Dave asked Landon where he heard this he said "Gage, Taryn and Joelie told me." (my sister's nieces and nephew) Instead of asking Landon to expound on what he meant by that, he sent him straight to time out. I guess Landon said it a couple more times and got sent to time out a couple more times. Why do you ask if this is unfair?
Immediately I told Dave that Landon was saying "Chuck E Cheese's!! " I only knew this because Landon saw a commercial on TV for it earlier in the day. (Gage, Taryn, and Joelie had recently went and I guess were telling Landon how fun it was and Landon misunderstood the name...)
The poor kid was just trying to express his desire to go to chuck e cheeses and got sent to time out, not once but three times.

Needless to say Dave felt TERRIBLE and immediately apologized to Landon (who burst into tears...) Now we laugh about it (even Landon)

Dave felt so bad that he promised to take Landon to chuck e cheese's tonight. :) Lucky boy.

13 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

BEST STORY EVER!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could put that in my kids' book of remembrance. Lucky you!!! LOL!!!! That is hilarious. Poor Landon.

Anonymous said...

ha ha That is AWESOME! I love stories like this!

Tammy said...

Yeah, Gage, Taryn, and Joelie walk around all day saying, "Chubby Jesus". That is so funny. I am glad Dave is making it up to Landon and will hopefully let him come back around my kids. I promise that they will watch their language, haha!!! :0)

Melanie said...

Funny! I constantly work as a translator between Aaron and the kids.

Mombrud said...

I love these kind of stories. As you can imagine we have plenty around here. The challenge is to get them written down before another story takes it's place in the seive I call my memory. Good for you, getting it written down!

Spence said...

It is a very funny story, but I mostly just feel bad for David. I can see myself doing the exact same thing.

Koch Clan said...

That is too funny.

JJCC said...

Funny funny! Let me know how "chubby jesus" is we want to take Coen there for his 5th! birthday next week.

Fordney said...

Mean DAVE!!! J/K. That is so cute. It is good that you have your blog so you can remember these things when you start to lose your mind :)

Christian and Melissa said...

I thought this was so funny and I was determined to tell my husband. I kind of blew it though, I blurted it out at 6:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep. His response was, "you seriously couldn't wait to tell that until we are awake?" Oh well, I thought it was still funny at 6:30 this morning!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the much needed laugh out loud laugh!!!

Ryan and Brooke Ross said...

That was hilarious! Poor Landon! He probably didn't know why he was getting sent to his room. Thanks for the good laugh!

Mary said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've baked anything from scratch. Kudos to you!