Today was Dawson's first birthday! What a fun day he had! We had a party for him tonight which turned out awesome. We thought we would keep it low key and only invite family. But come on.. low key? It was anything BUT that! :)
Dawson was in such a good mood ALL DAY! I swear he knew it was his day, I would sing happy birthday to him and he would laugh and grin away.
Here is his party invite made by, of course, Lori. (thanks)
We started his big day off with opening a couple presents that Dave, Landon and I got him that morning before Dave had to go to work. Dawson has two major obsessions. One would be vacuums, the other, DEER! Which was also his first word.
We got this little forest animal set at Sportsman's. Dawson L O V E S them!! I think it's so cute to watch him play with them. He also likes bears, so when he picks them up he growls.
Last night we let Landon stay up late to decorate for Dawson's party. We did a deer/camouflage theme.
Kind of a weird cake for a 1 yr old eh? Not if you know Dawson! He loved it.
First sight of his cake..
Using hands is overrated.
Wow, I have NEVER seen a kid enjoy his cake more than this one!
I'm sad I didn't get more pictures of everyone who came to the party, there were about 29 people here. I also realized that I didn't get any pictures of Dawson opening his presents, and not ONE picture of Landon on Dawson's birthday. Landon and his cousins played up in Landon's room most the party.. and boy does it SHOW!! I have my work cut out for me on that room tomorrow! Rob and Jaycee
Amy, Kari, mom, Cecily
Dawson Corey and Steph
Oh yeah, other Dawson news:
He is now walking, and FINALLY cut his first tooth! His upper tooth of all teeth! (Is that normal?)Uncle Steve and Aunt Shamane helping Dawson walk to cousin Mason.
Walking to Cecily
GO Dawson GO!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Happy Birthday Dawson!
Posted by Cami at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Happy Birthday Dawson! Looks like he had a blast. Let me know if you need help cleaning that bedroom...:)
He's so cute! He is always smiling whenever I see him--except out in the foyer on Sundays. Happy birthday Dawson!
Happy Birthday Dawson. I klove the cake pictures. He really loves cake! I don't know about the hunting theme though! If Dave weren't such a great guy I might advise you to take the babies and run! His influence is spreading rapidly!:)jk
How fun! You are so lucky to have so much family so close! Looks like Dawson had a great birthday! I still can't belive he's a year old already.. only 8 more months until nursery!!
Oh and Kenzie didn't get her first tooth until she was 14 months old!
Happy Birthday Dawson! I can't believe he is one already. I love the cake pictures.
Happy Birthday Smiley Guy! Looks like he had such a fun day. I love that he had a deer party...very unique.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWSON! Wow they grow up way to fast.
Sounds like Dawson had a very happy birthday! I've heard that cutting top teeth first is unusual, but not a bad thing. Not that I have any kids with teeth anyway, but that's what I've heard. And my pediatrician said that they don't worry unless a baby hasn't cut his first tooth by 18 months. It's funny how different they all are!
Happy (belated) Birthday Dawson! Looks like your first birthday party was a success!
Sorry I have pregnancy brain! I meant only 6 more months until Nursery! But you are welcome to bring him in anytime to play!!
Dawson is so cute. A year flies by. I love the theme of his party. I think it is so nice when they start walking and they aren't crawling on the yucky floor anymore you go places. We should get Landon and Jack together to play. I think they have similar interests and would probably have fun!
I love birthdays. I kind of forgot that his and Brev's are so close. He loved his cake Brevin just cried. He's getting so big. Happy Birthday.
What a cute birthday theme.
Happy Birthday little guy!
Such a cute party for such a cute kid1 Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I can not believe what a mess Dawson made of his cake - that has to be the best 1st birthday tradition out there. We should try to get together again sometime....
Post a Comment