Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Monumental Night!



Last night will be one that will be forever remembered in the Ross household.

Dawson went to bed at 8:20. He did not wake up once, no need to throw a binky in his mouth at 1am. That's, right!! He slept till 6:30 WITHOUT waking up once! I have not felt this refreshed in about 2 years! What a great feeling.

For all you mom's out there who think I am heartless and cruel for making my sweet little Dawson cry in the middle of the night, I'm hear to tell you, call me what you want! SOOO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!! It only took two nights till we noticed an improvement. Six nights later and we have this success.

Thanks for reading and letting me share in my victory.


17 comments:

Mary said...

Far from thinking you are heartless and cruel, I think you are smart! I had a really hard time letting Rachel cry at first too, but then Mike convinced me, and now she sleeps great at night too (not always through the night, but often). I still hate hearing her cry, but I know that what we are really doing is teaching her to self-soothe back to sleep, even if it takes 25 minutes. I believe babies thrive much better when they have a well-rested mother!

Julie Wood said...

Way to go Cami!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great! There is nothing wrong in letting a little one cry. I remeber that it is really hard but well worth it!!

Kosel Family said...

Glad you got some rest!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! We had to do the same thing with Garrett when he was 8 months old! One of the hardest things I've had to do, but the greatest reward!!

Rebekah and Arthur Walker said...

Yeah for sleep !!! You could never ever be heartless and cruel. And if someone said you were, I don't think you should be friends with them. So glad you got some rest my friend.

Rodarte Family said...

It's so hard to listen to your little one cry; you are certainly neither cruel or heartless!
Here's to many more 'sleepful' nights!
Congrats on the success!

Mombrud said...

Hooray for you! And hooray for Dawson!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am all about letting them cry it out. It worked great with all three of our kids and they are great sleepers.

Anonymous said...

After my second baby, I had learned a valuable lesson. Let the baby cry theirself to sleep! Jack and Lily took at least a year before they slept through the night. Kate and Jane were six weeks old! Way to go. A few nights of them crying pays off when you soon have many restful nights!

KatieLarson said...

When it came to other kids I would agree, let them cry it out. But as I write this my little one is screaming in the other room. Good timing on the post, it is helping me. I can't stand this! Thanks for all your posters as well...I can do this!

KatieLarson said...

Thanks Cami....you are right. Time will be my friend.

Lovely Lizzy said...

Good job! I don't think you're a bad mom, I just wish I had the guts to do it. One day! I really want to test your method, I just have a hard time.
I'm happy for you though. That's wonderful.

Melanie said...

Wahoo! I'm sure you are so glad.

Dustin and Kellie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! That is really the best feeling EVER! (Until they learn how to slide off their beds and open their doors. That is where we are with Maren.) I am so happy for you! Here's to a great nights sleep! May you be blessed with MANY more!

Camille said...

YEY! What a great night! It is so worth it when you have a wonderful night's sleep like you did!

Souli & Ashley said...

You are good to let him cry a little Brev is two and I still am having a hard time getting him to sleep. It took him 18 months to sleep all the way throught he night. YOu are doing good.

Waiting for the One=-) said...

Congrats! Nothing like a good nights sleep. It's good for them to cry themselves to sleep. They are safe in a crib.