Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ice Fishing

Dave and Landon went Ice Fishing with Dave's dad and Brothers. I really didn't want Landon to go.. I get nervous about him falling in an ice hole, or the ice not being thick enough. The whole time they are gone I am stressing! If I had it my way Landon would never hunt or fish. We all know I do NOT get my way :) I know fishing is harmless, I just get nervous with him near water without me there to supervise. I know I need to settle down and let him grow up (ok... and give Dave more credit and trust him more..) . The more he goes on these adventures with Dave the more relaxed I am becoming, which is a good thing. I'm glad Landon has a dad that has a desire to spend quality time with him. He loves it and Dave seems to keep him safe. (Unless you want to consider the fact that he didn't put sunscreen on Landon and now he looks like a lobster. Yeah, Dave feels pretty bad)

Here are some pictures of the crazy boys (and Olivia) freezing their bums off.


If you enlarge this picture you can see Olivia and Landon's nice red faces. Which only got more red as the day went on.

He claims he caught this one with NO HELP!



Grandpa told Landon to kiss the fish.. and he did.. I asked him how it tasted and he just pulled a face. He'd do anything grandpa told him to do.



Diligently waiting by his pole.

Uncle Jeff pulling them off the reservoir.







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did they go? Looks like they had a blast! I bet Garrett would LOVE that!! How fun!

Melanie said...

What a great experience for Landon. I think little boys like to do whatever their dads or grandpas are doing.

Dustin and Kellie said...

HOW FUN! That is great that they went ice fishing! I can't believe he kissed it tho. Gross! Yay for daddy, Landon date!

Spence said...

I have never liked ice fishing much - hating the cold and everything. But then again, I've never been with the Ross family.

I am very much the same way as you are with worrying about my little guy when I'm not around to watch him. I remember when Annette took little Spence to the Oregon Coast for a family reunion that I could not attend. It wasn't that I didn't trust Annette to watch him - I just hated the fact that if something were to go wrong I wouldn't be there to do all that I could.

But it looks like they had a great time. Nice pictures

Rodarte Family said...

How fun! Looks like Landon really enjoyed himself. I wish I could have seen his face when you asked him what the fish tasted like : )

Anonymous said...

Amy told me what a lobster face everyone was when they got home. In Dave's defense, who thinks of sunscreen in the dead of winter? We went sledding a few weeks ago and after a while, Jeff's Mom suddenly panicked and thought the kids were all going to be fried. Luckily, I don't think we were out long enough because everyone was O.K. I would be nervous about ice fishing too so I don't blame you a bit for that.

KatieLarson said...

How fun! Go Landon! Of course he caught it all by himself...just look at them muscles. :)

Rebekah and Arthur Walker said...

I would have freaked too! The thought of ice fishing freaks me out! (Funny cause I was just talking to someone about ice fishing yesterday, and then this morning I read your blog!) He looks like he had a great time though!! And look at his fish! Yeah, go Landon!!!

Mombrud said...

Ewww! Kissing fish, ice fishing at all for that matter, is an attraction I just can't relate to. I am glad they had good quality fun daddy/son time!

Kosel Family said...

Looks like they had fun, my hubby would LOVE that!