Monday, April 28, 2008

The Frontrunner

We did it.. so we could say we did it, and I don't think we'll do it again .
As everyone knows, the Frontrunner was offering free rides for a few days. We were going to go Saturday, but heard how long the lines were, and how crowded it was and opted out. Landon was really bummed (ok.. I was secretly bummed too) So we coerced Dave into taking the day off today so we could ride it to Salt Lake and hang out at the Gateway. We didn't have to wait in line at all, which was nice! However, when the train got to us, it was already packed with people. So Landon and I found a seat near the window and Dave had to stand in the front with Dawson who was being VERY fussy. We boarded in Clearfield, and I swear it took us an hour to get there with all the stops. I got a little nauseous (which isn't unusual for me) which may have made the ride seem longer. Landon LOVED it, and thought it was sooo cool to ride a real train. That's all that really mattered I guess.
We thought the gateway was going to be closer than it was, it still wasn't far, but my ankle still has issues, so it was sore and swollen by the time we got there. So we decided to make it quick. We took Landon to Build a Bear. He has been wanting to build one for so long, so we thought it would be fun to do today. Right when we walked in I saw this hideous Dinosaur on display. Right then I knew that was what he was going to pick. He's not obsessed with dinos by any means.. but I knew my child and of course, it's what he picked, even thought there were tons of cute little fluffy bears. He named him Argo. Don't ask me where he came up with that one.

The ride home was much more enjoyable, since everyone gets off at the SLC stop, there was plenty of room. We got to sit on the upper level, Landon thought that was sooo cool. We all got to sit next to each other and Dawson fell asleep and slept most the way back. Overall, it was a good time, but I don't see us doing it again anytime soon :)

Here are some pictures of our adventure.

Getting ready to board the train. Like my new stroller? I LOVE it, Landon can easily hop on or off as he pleases, he can also stand or sit.
Landon adding fluff and a heart to his new dino friend.
Us on our way home.
Landon and Argo.

10 comments:

Koch Clan said...

Fun! I just saw that it was free on a commercial. Hmm, do I dare? I am glad you all had fun though. I love your shorts and shoes. Well, your whole outfit for that matter. Really cute.

Anonymous said...

How fun! We were going to go saturday too, but we saw the lines and they were huge! I don't see us getting to go while it's free! But oh well! I really want to ride it though! Glad you guys had fun!

Carlee Hoopes said...

That's hilarious! I think Argo's kind of cute. ;) That Clearfield stop looks quite familiar....we stood in line for over an hour on Saturday, only to not get very far. Oh well. We'll try again tomorrow. :) Glad you had a fun day with all your boys! :)

Souli & Ashley said...

Cute pictures. I love build a bear I would like to go do one for Brev maybe when he gets bigger I will. YOur boys are darling it makes me want two boys.

The Sayamas said...

Fun fun! I think Argo is quite cute. And I will be wanting to borrow your outfit, too. Oh, and your stroller...we're getting it for sure. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Did Landon have fun with Robert?

Melanie said...

We can't wait to ride it. Carter is going to love it. We're going to ride it to go to Temple Square to see the flowers. I happen to think Landon's dinosaur is really cute, too.

Rodarte Family said...

Argo is pretty cute . . . not as cute as those darling boys of yours though :)

Billy and Nikki said...

Cami, you're hair is goreous! Maybe I will switch to the Sap Moss. It looks so shiney!

Christian and Melissa said...

Sorry Cami, that last comment was me! I didn't realize I was logged on under my brother's name. Your hair looks so good! I guess I'll give that Sap Moss a second try!

Jenni said...

hehehe...Argo...