Monday, April 14, 2008

Potty Training.

Landon is now 3. We need to potty train him, and he is showing all the signs of being ready. We tried like 3 months before Dawson was born.. and the results were NOT good. He would freak out anytime I would suggest going potty. I called our pediatrician and he said to wait till a couple of months after baby.

So here we are. My question to all the potty training professionals out there is... do I go for it now? Or should I wait till after our trip to Yellowstone? Our trip is planned for May 22nd. If you have been to Yellowstone, you know that all you do is pretty much drive. Would this be hard with a newly trained kid? Should we wait until after then?? Any advice is great!

7 comments:

Fordney said...

Once you figure it all out- let me know how you did it. I hate changing two kids diapers- one is enough!

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I would say wait. I hate potty training!!!! Some kids get it down really fast but for others it takes a really long time. Yellowstone stopping every 30min. to go to the bathroom makes a very long trip. On the other hand, if he is acting ready and like he wants to do it, you might not want to miss the opportunity. Good luck!!! I want Alyssa trained before baby, but who knows??? I like the new look of your blog, it's cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cami.. Garrett was super hard to potty train, but I finally just gave up! I figured he would do it when he was ready! A week after he turned 3 he just started going on his own! I have a potty video that seemed to get garrett a little more intrested. if you want to you can borrow it! Also, alan's family is from richfield, not as far as yellowsone, but still 3 1/2 hours. We took a trip right after we got garrett potty trained and we just brought our little potty with us and some lysol! So when he need to go we would just pull over and let him go by the truck! It wasn't bad at all.. it took about five min then we were back on our way!! Clean up is a little annoying! But we just brought lots of wipes! Luckily he only had to pee! So good luck!!

Koch Clan said...

I would also say wait. Or one thing you could do is take pull ups but they confuse my kids. Gabe was the best potty trainer for me. I also waited until Sibley was a few months old and he did it in one day. And maybe he would be really good by the time you left and he told you when he had to go. I guess that really wasn't an answer. Potty training is not fun though. But it is great when they are trained!

Carlee Hoopes said...

I say go for it. I mean, can't you just pull over and let him go on the side of the road? Isn't that the benefit of having boys? Just kidding. I think you should wait...postpone it as long as possible! It would be nice to have it done, but if you think you'll be far from bathrooms, you might want to hold off.

The Sayamas said...

SO what did you decide to do? I pretty much love that picture of Landon and Dawson on your side bar, the one at the bottom.

Souli & Ashley said...

Cute blog this is Ashley from the ward. Your kids are just darling I bet having both boys is so much fun. If I were you I wait as long to potty train as possible it sounds like an awful task. But also it would be nice to have it done. I hope its ok I add you to my list.