Monday, April 21, 2008

My New (somewhat weird?) loves!

1) Costco. I never really cared for this place, weird hours, crowded, no need for bulk. But recently we've been shopping there more. We now buy our diapers, and wipes there. We also bought our camera there.. and can I just say that I LOVE going? They have THE BEST return policy too, you can return ANYTHING, all you say is "I don't like it anymore" not questions asked, they take it back. I get so excited to go, this may be because I am stuck home all day with kids and the thought of going anywhere excites me. Landon also loves going. We like to go on Saturday, right after naptime. Landon is hilarious, he gets all his samples and lines then up in the cart next to him, maybe this is why I love going so much, Landon is so entertained by the food that he is GREAT, which doesn't happen often while shopping. Even Dawson seems to love the atmosphere.

2) Viactiv Calcium Chews. Dave thinks they are gross, I love them. To me, they taaste like a chocolate candy. My family has a history with osteoporosis and arthritis, so why not pump up the calcium intake? Especially while breastfeeding you should increase your calcium intake.

3) Fiber One bars. Yet again.. Dave does NOT like, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I am always trying to look for ways to increase fiber. My mom would always eat these and I thought they would be gross, but I tried one, and now I am hooked. I got a whole box at costco , the oats and chocolate flavor, and they are delish! My mom's favorite are the oats and caramel, I have yet to try those. CAUTION: do not eat more than one a day...

4) Gatorade G2. I know.. artificial sweeteners, not good for you. I have always loved Gatorade, and now they have the lower calorie one that tastes the EXACT same! SO if you like Gatorade, give it a try!

5) Landon's gummy Superman vitamins. Have you tried those kids gummy vitamins? The ones with the sugar coating? They are sooo good. Landon yells at me when he sees me eating them though :(

6) Fat Cats. has anyone been there? I don't know if it's called Fat Cats, or the junction.. or whatever.. but it is now a favorite place for our little family to go. We like to eat at Costa Vida and watch all the macho surfers bif it next door. Then we head over to the arcade where Landon goes crazy (ok, Dave and I also love the arcade) they have games for all ages. They have mini golf, and bowling. It is always clean, and the staff is very friendly. If you are looking for a fun place to take your family, this is it.

7) Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo and Conditioner. Anyone who knows me well, knows I have somewhat of an obsession with shampoo and conditioner. Growing up, I would always save my money and buy my very own bottles. I would hide them in my room when not in use so my sisters wouldn't use them. (I was greedy, but all that babysitting? come one!) Lately, I haven't liked my hair, I feel like it is dingy and lacking shine. So, my hairdresser suggested using Aveda Sap Moss. I know this stuff is WAY expensive, but I think your hair is worth it and it's something I am willing to spend money on. (Dave I think just rolls his eyes as he uses his Suave for Men) Anyway, the Sap Moss has a very strong odor, and if Landon (who has a VERY sensitive sniffer) is in the bathroom while I am using it will cry. It stinks, but the results are nice, it makes my hair SO SOFT and silky I love it. Even better, I can go up to three days without washing it, which is rare for my oily hair.

9 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Awesome list Cami! I am SO GLAD that someone else enjoys Costco as much as me. I am pretty much obsessed and consider my weekend a failure if I didn't make it to Costco on Saturday. We seriously go every week almost! I tried those calcium chews on Saturday and they were AWESOME! I will have to get some. Additionally, I will need to try those FiberOne Bars. I noticed you forgot one thing. The turkey wraps from the food court at Costco. Kory and I tried it on Saturday since you recommended it and it was very tasty!

Okay, we also like the Salomon Center. We'll have to go with you guys sometime! I love Costa Vida and it's fun to just get out and walk around, you know? And watching people biff it while they're trying to look macho on the surf thing is a good time too!

Koch Clan said...

I am obsessed with Costco. I go at least once a week. We always eat lunch there too. I haven't had the Viactiv in a long time. I need to buy some. They are yummy! I will have to check out Costa Vida. Great list!

Melanie said...

I kind of hate to admit this, but I have NOT tried a single thing on your list. I wish we could go to Costco, but we have a Sam's card through Aaron's work. And, I love the fact that you eat Landon's vitamins...that's awesome!

Souli & Ashley said...

You know its funny You always seemed familar too me too its good to know who. So when did you graduate then? My sisters are twins and I'm 18 months younger. Don't worry its easy to get confused. LIttle suggestion on the shampoo and conditioner try Matrix sleep best stuff in the world I can get it for you for a little cheaper then in regular beauty supplies. SO its not quite as expensive as Aveda there stuff is good but really expensive. So let me know if you would like to try it I love it.

Cami said...

Ashley.. I would LOVE to try it, and thanks for the discount.. even better! I have never tried Matrix.

Unknown said...

We also love Costco. We spend a lot of time and money there, but it is so fun to go! We should go sometime! And the Solomon Center is great during the day but I wouldn't recommend going at night...some interesting people tend to come out of the woodwork. MMMMMMmmmmmmm Pizza Factory breadsticks!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I think everyone has pretty much said all that I was thinking! I mean who doesn't love costco? I think half the time that my mom lives there!! I always get jammies and clothes for the kids there! Also, you already know we love the junction! We go there all the time! We've even seen you there! and I agree with Monica the bread sticks at Pizza Factory are super great!! But you'll have to try their cinnamon bread sticks too! They are sooo yummy!!

The Sayamas said...

Curse those fiber one bars.... Just kidding I really did like it. I had a really bad stomach ache but I don't think it was from that. I think I should not have had that caffeine. Anyway, call us next time you do to the Junction, we always have fun there too. Do you guys have a costco membership?

Christian and Melissa said...

Okay, I just wanted to make a couple of comments on your "loves."
1- I LOVE the Chocolate Fiber One bars! I think I eat one a day! The funny thing is, my mom loves the carmel too! I've tried them, they're not nearly as good as the chocolate, but I'm chocolate lover!
2- Sap Moss?? Yuck! I love Aveda, but I can not stand the smell of the Sap Moss. It smells like dirt! I'm sorry, I'm with your son on this one. I like the Basic Instinct stuff. It makes your hair really shiney.
Your little Dawson is looking so cute! He seems like quite the little chunk. That's how we like them!