Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Diaper Frustration

For about 2 years now I have been buying the Kirkland brand diapers. I have an inside source that tells me these are the same as Huggies Supreme. I went home the first time I bought them and discovered that they were in fact the same. I have been very pleased with them until the last batch that we bought. Dawson leaks out of them continuously. He didn't used to.. they are not nearly as absorbent as they used to be, they feel different than the older ones. I am getting pretty ticked. I have to change him like every 45 minutes to prevent a leakage issue. We are pointing his little man down, he is in the right size.. I think they have done something to their diapers to cut costs. Has anyone else noticed this? I guess I am stuck with 200 crappy diapers :( What diapers do other's out there like?

7 comments:

Koch Clan said...

I have never tried the kirkland but heard the same thing. Too bad they aren't working well anymore. I have always just bought the huggies from costco. Although Jude blew out on sunday. That is why we left early. It even got on my dress! Seriously, he is 17 months old.

Carlee Hoopes said...

Hey, I'm having the same problem with Huggies. I had bought some Huggies on a promotion a little bit ago and they leave the gelatin on Maggie's skin. It's weird. I'm not leaving them on too long or anything and she always has gelatin stuff I have to wipe off. It's frustrating. I have tried Pampers though and I HATE them. My inside source says that diaper companies are constantly changing things up to save money and stuff, so I'm assuming that's what's happened here. I do know that if you write a complaint to the company, you will get lots of good stuff...but I don't know how that works when it's the Kirkland brand.

Melanie said...

Okay, so I have never been diaper specific. I have tried many brands and didn't have a problem with any. With Ainsley, I have always used Member's Mark from Sam's or White Cloud from Wal-Mart. I know people complain about these brands, but we have never had a problem. I'm simply not picky about diapers and I'm not willing to spend a fortune on them.

Unknown said...

Alyssa is in the size 4 Kirkland brand and I haven't noticed anything. But, it is different when they are older. Good luck and I'll let you know if the newer package I bought is any different.

Ashlee said...

That is the pits! I just use huggies for Porter and I have never had any problems. Costco takes EVERYTHING back tho. You should go get your $$ back and try the huggies.

Souli & Ashley said...

I don't like Huggies either. They don't seem to fit babies bodies very well and they are more stiff. I like pampers. They are a bit more expensive but they've worked the best for me.

jakenstacey said...

I think I've tried almost every kind of diaper. With Kylie, I didn't have much of a problem with the cheap ones. With Kaden, we've had to upgrade. He had blowouts and leaks all the time with the cheaper diapers- even Huggies. Adam actually told me that amazon.com's biggest seller was diapers. I ordered pampers cruisers from them and will never go back. They have a mesh inside them and he never has the gel stuff on his skin. They offer free shipping every time and it comes right to your door. I feel like even though they are more expensive, in the long run it saves me money because I don't have to change him as often and don't have stained clothes.